Sunday, July 12

Dollhouse Renovation - Day Two

I've been working on the roof of my dollhouse this afternoon. Why is it that I spend most of my mini-time waiting for glue to dry?!

Here's the before photo:


First, I primed over the red. Then I drew lines down the roof for my little sticks.

It was easy to figure out the scale because the RL metal roofing panels are 12" wide.


I can't believe what a difference a few sticks and some glue has made! From the side it really looks like a real metal roof! I'll paint it with the aluminum spray paint I got later.

I did all of this while it was pouring down rain outside! Couldn't do that on a real life house!

Hope you have a good evening and have a nice dry roof over your head!

Blessings, Kathi

11 comments:

Caseymini said...

The roof looks good so far! Keep going!

blushing rose said...

... anticipation! TTFN ~Marydon

Mary said...

Very creative, two thumbs up!

A. Wright said...

It really look great. I can't wait to see more :)

Kim said...

what a difference! It really looks great- It really says beach house to me too. Don't you love rainy days-good mini days:)

Caseymini said...

Kathi, you have an award over at my blog. Please come and collect it.

Tallulah Belle said...

That looks really great...can't wait to see it painted.

Jayne

Debbie said...

Kathi it looks great, what a clever idea..

Alice said...

Wow, what a transformation! I am eager to see what it looks like after you have painted it. Using the sticks was a great idea!

Jo Raines said...

It does look good! I know what you mean about glue drying. I have finally started gluing some of the walls on Joanna's Victoria's Farmhouse together! I'd much rather be decorating than building! Trying to do as much of it myself as I can before resorting to asking DH to help!

Jody
http:minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com/

Imagery by Kimberly said...

Awesome!!

xo,
Kim
www.deardaisycottage.com