Monday, July 27

Royal Mail from the UK!

My package arrived from Matlock Miniatures this afternoon! I am so excited to show you what I got!
These little deck chairs fold up just like the real ones! I love the yacht! It will be perfect somewhere in my beach house! And yes, here's "Fiasco," the parrot. He flew in too! Isn't he beautiful! "Bienvenido Fiasco!"

He just made himself right at home on one of the chairs. He didn't have much to say. I think he was tired from his long flight. He did give me a look that worries me though. Not sure what that was all about?

I think he is thirsty too. The wine glasses are empty. I'm sure he will have something to say about that!

Guess I'd better go get him something to eat and try to coax him down from the deck and into the house. I don't want him flying off somewhere. I heard several seagulls calling to him but I don't think he speaks English. Looks more like a Spanish speaking bird to me. I sure hope we get along. I don't need any trouble around here! I've got too much work to do!

Blessings, Kathi

3 comments:

Alice said...

Hi Kathi. In answer to your question about "Weather It", I purchased it from Micromark.
http://www.micromark.com/ If you have a local model railroad store, you could probably check there first. Weather It needs to be used on bare wood. It is easy to use, and it doesn't stink like stains do.

Alice said...

Oh, and those deck chairs are cute! They will look great on your deck, once your deck is done. ;-)

Caseymini said...

Kathi, if you want to experiment, put some steel wool in a bottle of vinegar. It will make an ageing potion after a couple of days. You will have to try it on scraps of wood until you get the color that you want.

Fiasco sure is cute. Give him some seeds and fruit and he will stay. How could he not enjoy living on the beach?