Saturday, September 19

Artist at Work

I've been working on my little art projects today. I got so involved in what I was doing that I forgot to eat! Good way to stay slim, I guess?

Anyway, I just had a bagel and a glass of orange juice so I'm good to go for a while!

I've added some detail to my watercolors with colored pencils.


Now I'm making mats and frames for them. Balsa wood seems to be the easiest to cut so I'll probably used that. Not sure if I'll stain or paint the frames?

Before I put them together, I need to seal them. I found out how to do that at David Castle Art. David uses Krylon clear gloss spray. David shares not only his art, but his tips and techniques too.

I also love The Painted Garden. Erin does the most beautiful and colorful paintings! I love her blog and her cute dog, Bentley, who assists her in finding her inspiration.

Erin shows how she makes her paintings, from her sketch to the finished painting. This little scarecrow is featured on her blog today. I made a mini one just by following her instructions. Then I made an easel, painter's palette and teeny tiny little paint brushes for the artist at work! Thanks Erin for your inspiration!

Hope you enjoy your day!
Blessings, Kathi

1 comment:

erin said...

Hi Kathi,

I am so proud of you for painting the little scarecrow for your mini house. You did a great job - love his vest - just adorable. I am honored and thrilled that I was an inspiration for you to paint the tiny- tiny paintings - it is not easy for me to paint small like you do. I find acrylic is easier to paint with than watercolors - with the acrylic you can paint over something that you do not like. Keep painitng you are doing a fabulous job.
Blessings,
Erin