Tuesday, September 29

Basket Weaving??

I found some really pretty variegated blue cording that I want to use to make a little basket.
I also have some raffia. I need a simple pattern and instructions. I've never made a basket before.


I like this photo at About.com because it looks simple? I have experience with Leslie Shepherd's tutorials and so far I'm not too impressed. Maybe someone else has an idea?



This is the second part of Leslie's tutorial. Not so simple.

If anyone has made a beginner's basket, please let me know how you did it. I just want something simple that I can use to hold logs next to my fireplace. Nothing fancy. Easy?

I've heard that basket weaving is one of those skills we were supposed to learn somewhere along the way. Guess I missed that class. Come on Casey, help me out here!

Sweet Dreams!
Kathi

5 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, there are several different basket weaving tutorials on my blog. Look under "baskets" in the labels section on the left. One similar to what you are doing is on "The Fourth Basket" and the one above that. Everything is backwards in blogland.

blushing rose said...

That is very intereseting ... I'd never make it!

Terry needs prayers & support. Her hubby was in a bad accident today. Terrytreasures.blogspot.com

Have a lovely autumn week. TTFN ~ Marydon

sylvia said...

Maybe this link can help you:
http://jicolin.free.fr/techvannerie.htm
That is the ome that Mercedes and I learned it from.
Good luck, sylvia

Deni said...

Your doing great on those baskets
Oh I want to make some baskets too, I found this while perusing Marlies blog
http://jicolin.free.fr/techvannerie.htm
just use Babelfish to translate it from french to English I think thats right!!!

They are lovely, now all I need is the string and the uprights to begin!

Anonymous said...

Here is another link and it is all pictures http://lolyaliminis.blogspot.com/