Sunday, September 20

What Glue Do You Use?

I've spent a lot of time waiting for glue to dry here!

Right now I'm trying to glue the legs on a little artist "adjustable" stool.

The legs sit like a triangle. Kind of like my telescope...


Tacky Glue is great for some things but it doesn't set fast enough. Anyone have any suggestions on a different glue that would be faster? It is difficult to sit here and hold three things together at the same time!

I actually cleaned up my kitchen this morning! I can see counter space again!

Next, it's on to the dining room where I have my dollhouse. I'm going to have to empty the house so I can get back to the restoration. It will be hard putting all of my mini things away for a while!

Here's the mini mess I've got to deal with!







Hope you have a nice Sunday and thanks for any help you have to offer!
Blessings, Kathi

4 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi! I will happily trade you messes to clean! As for the glue. Try Aleene's Fast Grab. It is great if you are impatient like I am. LOL That's the one I use most of the time now.

Alice said...

Casey is right about the Fast Grab being good. But if you are gluing wood to wood, it is always best to use wood glue. Things are less likely to fall apart at a later date. A trick I learned from workshops I attended is to use the wood glue, but add a tiny drop of super glue. The super glue will hold things in place until the wood glue has time to dry.

Eva said...

wow!! Beautiful things. I love the little beds and the nautical stuff!!

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I agree with Alice. I tend to use a tiny bit of super glue to hold in place and then pva or wood glue. You can always insert tiny little metal pins into each and then glue. This helps to hold things too.
I use pins and cut them with pliars as my pins.
Nikki xxx