Saturday, June 26

I Did It! I Made A Basket!


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have been trying to make a basket for a long time. I have had many failures!




Thanks to Leslie, Casey and Kris I have finally made my first basket!

1 inch minis tutorial

This tutorial is great! Lots of photos and patterns too! Thank you so much Kris!

I lined my basket following Leslie's basket tutorial.

Here is how Casey made a lid for her sewing basket. I'm going to try this for my basket.


I'm using this Longaberger basket as a reference. They have the most beautiful baskets and they are all handmade!


I still need to make a lid and handles but I could wait to show you my first little basket!


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Kathi

11 comments:

Caseymini said...

Kathi, it looks really good so far. Don't forget to put a rim around the top before you put the handle and lid on! Have fun!

Tabitha Corsica said...

Wonderful basket, Kathi! I've been wanting to try this one myself.

Tabitha

Merry Jingle said...

I really have to try one also as my attempts in basket making have been like yours :D The new one looks fab!

De said...

Looks great, Kathi. I've been wanting to try this tutorial, too. And I love Longaberger baskets! My SIL used to sell them so I have quite a few. They are good inspiration. :)

Jill said...

Bravo! I'm in awe-- I can't imagine trying to weave something so tiny! It's looking great!
Hugs,
Jill

Katie said...

Awesome!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Heather said...

Great job! Basket is on my list of to-dos!

Beatriz Fernández said...

Hola Kathi, te quedo muy bien la canasta.
Yo tambien acabo de hacer una y le puse flores. Es otro modelo, pasa a mi blog a verla.
Saludos.
Beatriz

Ascension said...

Te esta quedando muy bien, gracias por los enlaces, voy a tratar de hacer una cestita yo tambien.
besitos ascension

jose said...

simply fantastic

PAKY said...

Está preciosa, al fin te ha salido un excelente trabajo, te felicito! y gracias por el enlace al tutorial! saludos