Sunday, June 6

Rope Ladder


I decided to try to make a little rope ladder for the loft bed in the kid's room. I found this video that was really helpful.

How to Make Knots for a Rope Ladder -- powered by eHow.com

I think it would be much easier to make a real size ladder than one for a dollhouse! We're talking five inches here! This is what I've done so far.




I just need to tighten up the rope a bit. Think I'll glue the little knots in the back to keep the rungs from falling out...

I hope to have the loft bed AND ladder completed today? Yes, I am going to make rails for the bed. Don't want the kids to fall out!

Blessings,
Kathi

4 comments:

Caseymini said...

OK Kathi, now I feel better. The kids have a neat wy to get up and down and a safty rail to boot! You got me to thinking. We have a wide plant shelf about 8 feet up in our bedroom...I wonder if Walter woould let me put a couple of matresses up there? It sure would save floor space.....Probably not. He's a grown up.

Cheryl said...

Kathi, try wetting the rope it should dry tight. The beds for this room are adorable.

Kathi said...

Great idea Casey! Maybe Tessie could help by zapping things up there for you? I would be done before Walter even realized it! :D

Note on the knots - it's best to add just one rung at a time and tighten it up before you go on to the next! I learn by doing...

The Old Maid said...

This is a fab idea!The ladder looks good to me:)