Sunday, July 4

Star Spangled Beach House


I haven't shown you the outside of my beach house for a long time! Today I decided to turn the house around and get back to working on the exterior.

I still need to glue the deck railing in place, touch up paint and figure out what I want to do with the downstairs floor and front door. The conservatory addition will go on the right of the house if I ever get that built?

Jane Coslick was my inspiration for the star stenciled shutters. I love how they look!


Of course I'll need to make some flowers for the window boxes too!

I'm not crazy about the roof trim that came with the house. If I find something I like better I may change that? I've also thought about adding some stenciling there too?

Hope you have a great 4th of July! I'll be doing more "housework!"


4 comments:

Karin F. said...

Kathi....I agree with you; that roof trim is just too big and bland for the house but.....
it would be great & the proper size to decorate with painted stars ...or seashells, starfish etc glued on!
hugs Karin

Heather said...

so lovely and fresh!

Merry Jingle said...

The house looks great, but I agree with you and Karin that the trim is a bit off, it would be more suitable for a gingerbread house :)

I love the shape of the house!

MiniKat said...

Love the colors you chose! The shutters look fantastic! :-)