Wednesday, April 13

Weathervanes and Daisies?

I didn't like the way the cupola looked so I painted it all white. The roof is done with Folk Art metallic copper paint. Looks much better now?

The final touch will be a copper weathervane. I found these photos at Weathervanes of Maine. Aren't they beautiful!?

Here they are close up. I'm going to try to make one. I'm on a quest for the perfect bead. :D


I have lots of other things to do first. Plus, I've been inspired by all of the beautiful flowers I've seen on your blogs! I'd like to try to make some daisies.




April showers may bring May flowers?


Hope you have a beautiful day!




6 comments:

otterine said...

I want to make a weathervane, too. After looking at your sample photos, I thought...mini toy plastic animals painted to look like metal. Don't know how easy those would be to find, either.

Kim said...

I think it looks great- and a weather vane would be the icing on the cake! I love the mermaid one in your picture!

Lucille said...

Love the metallic copper paint. Hobby Lobby online has some miniature plastic animals.

Unknown said...

Looks good in the copper!
Daisies are my favourite flower, so I'll look forward to those.

onbeingaminimum said...

Like the white better.
Happy flower making!

Katie said...

Just a thought... What about using animals from the train store? They'd be small enough! I've wanted to do a weather vane, too.... Just haven't figured out how:) Love the copper! Looks really good! I just love Folk Art paint!!