Saturday, July 30

Beach Basket

I made this little beach basket for my daughter who loves the beach just as much as I do.



I found a navy blue basket at Michael's that is about the size of a shoe box. Then I started adding things to make a beach scene. First I made a palm tree. I LOVE to make palm trees!

I used my painting for the background. Then I made a sand dune with styrofoam covered with real sand from my last trip to Florida. Spray adhesive works great for this.

I built the dock out of Starbuck's coffee stirrers and wooden dowels. The fence is a bamboo placemat that I painted and weathered. Then I added some real driftwood, shells and sand. The sea oats are made from real pampas grass flowers.

I like how Sharyn's basket looks in a different light. At night, the fire really flickers and looks so real!


I used the LED fire kit by Evan's Designs. It can be ordered with a small coin battery that has a switch attached. I hid the wiring. The battery and switch are on the back of the basket so that it can be turned on and off easily.


I bought the sea gull from Nicky. Nicky make the most perfect little birds. Now she is working on other things, like dolls and dragons and more magical things!

If you haven't visited Evan's Designs you need to go there. They have the best customer service and prices. I bought another fire kit for myself. I think there should be an outdoor fireplace next to the garage. :D

Hope you have a great weekend. If you can't go to the beach, make one yourself!




9 comments:

Rosamargarita said...

Es una escena muy bonita! hacerla en una cesta es una idea genial.
Un abrazo

Eliana said...

Amazing scene!
Hugs.

Ludmila said...

Wonderful beach! I love the sea and the beach. Good for you, Kathi.

Lucille said...

Amazing work, Kathi! So very artistic!

Fabiola said...

It's a very realistic scene.
Bye Faby

Norma Bennett said...

This is so nice Kathi, you've really captured the mood.

Johanna said...

Wonderful job you have done! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wonderful scene, the fire is great. And thank`s for the link.
Mona

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Is a wonderful beach!! Great work ! Congratulations.