Thursday, January 26

Table Legs


This is how I'm building the table legs for the kitchen table. I haven't glued them together yet. I want to be sure they are the right size and square first.

One thing I wish is that Micro-Mark's magnetic gluing jig had a 1/4 inch square grid on the surface. That would make this so much easier. Micro-Mark, are you listening???


I sent my Miter Master Easy Cutter back to them yesterday. When I tried to change the blade I couldn't get the tool back together. Hopefully, they will repair or replace it. Right now I'm using bandage scissors to cut the wood!

I got some ModPodge Multi-Dimensional Magic and Americana Triple Thick glaze at Michaels yesterday. I'm trying them out now. They both went on smoothly and didn't run over the edge of the test wood. We'll see which one looks best when dry?

Time for me to get ready for work. Real life work. Wish I could stay home and work on my table!

5 comments:

Troy said...

I like the legs and your grid idea is an excellent one. Are you going to stain the table or paint it? Keep it natural or pickle it? Keep us posted on how the table top turns out.

otterine said...

Oooh, that is a great idea on the grid! :D Looks great so far!

Jean Tuthill said...

I love the idea of a grid on the glue jigs, too. your legs look great!

Marisa said...

I want one so bad now..I never knew things like micro board existed

and your table it wonderful

Hugs
Marisa :)

PS post more about Grandma now that she had her new hairstyle.

Lucille said...

I'm with you regarding the grid. I have one like that and I don't know what I would do without it.