Monday, April 16

Shipping to Spain

I'm late in shipping Carmen's give-a-way gift to her. There is a reason for this!


UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM
(This is a zone 603 shipment)
Delivered By:
By End of Day
Tuesday April 24, 2012
Rates
UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM
224.10 USD


I went to my local UPS store on Saturday, gift in hand, expecting to just leave it and send it on its way to Carmen. When they told me how much it was going to cost, I walked out, with my package, crying!


UPS suggested that I try going to the US Post Office and getting a quote from them. I will do that today.


I have also contacted Miniatures.com to see if they will ship a new kit to Carmen? I am waiting on their reply and estimate of the cost.



For now, the kit is in my car all ready to go. I just need to find a way to get it to Spain without emptying my bank account!

Hang in there Carmen, I promise I will get your gift to you as soon as possible.

I am so sorry it is taking so long!

9 comments:

Minnie Kitchen said...

international shipping rates are ridiculous! Sometimes, I mean most times its more expensive than the item you're shipping!

otterine said...

If all else fails, buy a plane ticket and take it to her! :D

carmen said...

no te preocupes...espero....gracias!

A. Wright said...

Holy Cow, for that price the guy better show up with the package, cook dinner and then wash her car..and maybe her floors!

Lucille said...

Unbelievable!

Unknown said...

Who would guess! I guess the biggest thing I've shipped overseas was a doll, but it was only 16 dollars insured.

Good idea to check with miniatures.com- otherwise I wonder what would happen if you shipped it a piece at a time! Or put a "donate button on your blog and ask for help!

Rosamargarita said...

Realmente parece un "robo" Ö
Es muy caro!. Espero que lo resuelvas pronto, el correo en mi país es muy lento, las cosas llegan, pero llegan tarde, pero es MUY barato!
Un abrazo

Sans! said...

Ouch!

Miniatures.com is a brilliant idea!

dalesdreams said...

Oh, my goodness! that is totally outrageous! :(